Volunteers are critical to our day-to-day operations and our overall impact in the community. Volunteering benefits both the community and the volunteer. A Gallup poll showed that nine out of ten people said they receive an emotional boost from doing kind things for other people. When activated, that kind of emotional boost from contributing to the community goes from something you do to a part of who you are.
Volunteering at the Y:
- Allows you to see firsthand the effects of your efforts
- Helps you make new friends and new connections in the community
- Has been shown to decrease stress
- Can improve self-confidence
- Often has physical health benefits, depending on the type of volunteering you choose
- Is FUN!
Here are a few ways for you to consider getting involved:
- Help with Y fundraising efforts to ensure those in need can access essential programs and services.
- Get involved with a Y mentoring or tutoring program to help youth learn new skills and reach their full potential.
- Coach a sports team, teach a class or ask Y staff about other ways to get involved with a program of interest.
- Serve on our Board of Directors, Boards of Managers and committees
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives
The Y is guided and strengthened by volunteers who help to ensure all people have the opportunity to reach their potential. The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Become a part of it.
Click here to browse current volunteer opportunities and apply.