Child Care at the Y
You will enjoy high-quality, affordable care focused on providing a safe, thriving, encouraging environment.
All Child Care staff are CPR, AED and First-Aid Certified and asked to only give care within the scope of their training.
Things you should know about Child Care at the Y:
- We help kids learn self-control, conflict resolution and social skills
- Financial assistance for qualifying families ensures no child is without quality care due to financial constraints
- We have full or partial options for before and after school that meet your needs
- Your child will experience arts education, STEM-related activities, physical activity and nutrition education
- Crafts, activities, friendships, laughter – your child will enjoy a daily dose of FUN!
- Outdoor play time is part of our program, so your child will have plenty of opportunities for fresh air and options to channel their energy in healthy ways.
The Y is also committed to Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Standards (HEPA) for nutrition and physical activity in our programming in order to ensure the overall wellbeing of the children. The standards are based in part on years of research supported by collaborations with the Harvard School of Public Health, University of Massachusetts at Boston, the Healthy Out of School Time Coalition and the National Institute for Out of School Time.
Your child will also be taught the Four Core Values of the Y every day.
- Honesty: Being honest, dependable and loyal
- Respect: Living the Golden Rule, accepting others, showing courtesy and manners
- Responsibility: Being accountable and doing one’s best
- Caring: Being kind, compassionate and understanding, showing love and charity to others
Afterschool at the Y helps to improve your child’s attitude about school and boost their self-confidence. Your child will receive the care and attention they need with:
- Homework time – staff will set aside time for kids to get a jump on their homework to take some pressure off the busy evening schedule at home
- Group games, activities and sports
- Free play and time outside
- A state licensed facility
- Flexible schedules for full-time (4 – 5 days) and part-time (1 – 3 days)
- Before & after school care from 6:45am to 6:30pm
- Safe transportation to and from most schools
- Low staff-to-student ratios
- Opportunities to participate in other Y programs
School’s Out Care
We offer School’s Out Care to give busy parents peace of mind knowing the kids are cared for even during times that are not traditional child care hours. These may include parent-teacher conferences, teacher in-services, winter and spring breaks and other days or hours when school is not in session.
Weekly Afterschool Care Fees
MIGUELITO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1600 West Olive Avenue, Room 15 & MPR
LOS BERROS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
3745 Via Lato, Room P-27
BUENA VISTA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
100 Aldebaran Avenue, Room P-3
(Before and Afterschool care offered)
Financial assistance is available.
Contact Stephanie Saucedo for more information.