Preschool Care Schedule and Ages
Licensed by the State of California (License #421703040), we offer three or five-day options. We encourage you to add your child to the waiting list before he/she is of preschool age. Schedule a tour today!
Hours and Cost
Monday – Friday
Part-Time (3 days per week): 7:45am – 3pm | $770/month
Part-Time (5 days per week): 7:45am – 3pm | $900/month
Full-Time (3 days per week): 7:45am – 5:30pm | $840/month
Full-Time (5 days per week): 7:45am – 5:30pm | $975/month
Full-Time includes a family membership to the Y.
Open to ages 2 1/2 – 6 years
Ready to join? Fill out a waiting list form and bring it to our Welcome Center!
Contact our Preschool Director Annie Fischer 805.969.3288 x108 for more information.
Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Award Winning Preschool
The Montecito Family YMCA Preschool is recognized as an Outdoor Classroom Project Site which focuses on the quantity, quality and benefit of the child’s outdoor experiences. The preschool is also the recipient of the Channel Islands YMCA Program of Excellence Award and reflects the Y’s mission by placing emphasis on promoting a healthy spirit, mind and body. Licensed by the State of California, we are dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn, grow and thrive. Three-to-five day options are available as follows:
Our preschool provides a developmentally appropriate environment emphasizing social, spiritual and emotional growth. Children learn to care about each other and themselves and build respect for self and the world around them.
Licensed by the State of California and maintaining a 1:12 teacher-child ratio, we provide a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn, grow and thrive. We concentrate on the value of play and self-expression through drama, science, art, music, outdoor time and literature. Full-time enrollment comes with a facility membership for your entire family!
The curriculum focuses on:
1. Each child follows a specific sequence of development that includes a child’s emotional, social, cognitive, physical and creative development.
2. Each child is capable of making meaningful decisions regarding his/her development. By empowering children to be responsible for their own learning we help them build independence, competence and self-confidence.
3. Each child deserves the right to be respected as a valuable individual. By encouraging children to be themselves, positive self-esteem is fostered. We feel that when children know they are trusted and permitted to trust, they learn security in themselves and in others.
4. Children learn by modeling the behaviors of adults around them. Through imitation and role modelingthe child learns to understand positive adult roles.
5. Children learn by actively manipulating their environment. By maintaining a creative emergent curriculum; we concentrate on the value of play and self-expression.
6. Through play, the whole child learns to understand the world, relate to others and develop concepts.