See You Next Year!
Stay tuned for 2020 summer camp registrations, opening in March!
General Camp Information
Summer Camp Registration
Summer Camp Registration for 2020 will open in March
Early Bird Registration (March 1 – March 31) $179/Week
Regular Registration (April 1 – Capacity) $210/Week
*Week 4 (July 1 – 5) is pro-rated. No camp July 4 in observance of the holiday.
Location and Hours
Day Camp is located at the Montecito Family YMCA and runs from 9am to 4pm. AM (7:45 – 9am) and PM (4 – 6pm) extended care is available for $50 per week.
5 reasons to send your kids to our Y this Summer:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind. Camps also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills as well as develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share.
Summer Camp Registration Now Open
An exciting and memorable summer is in store for your child at our American Camp Association accredited YMCA Day Camp. Experienced leaders work in a small group setting designed to stimulate and challenge children entering kindergarten through sixth grade. We have over 50 years of camp experience and will enrich your camper’s day with learning, adventure and new experiences.
Your child will be an integral part of a small group of children as they learn new skills, develop lasting friendships and pursue the Y’s mission of healthy spirit, mind and body. These summertime programs include action-packed themes designed to make your child’s summer unforgettable.
Our Day Camps feature a new theme each week that will keep your child excited to learn and on their toes! Age-appropriate activities will differ based on Grade groups, however campers from each group will be able to participate in the same themes each week. For complete descriptions of activities for each week’s theme and field trip please view our Summer Camp Guide.
Camp Options by Age (Age by June 1, 2019)
Kinder Camp and Kinder Sports Camp Ages 5-6
Pioneer Camp and Rookies Sports Camp Ages 6-7
Explorer Camp and Champs Sports Camp Ages 8-9
Voyager Camp and Winners Sports Camp Ages 10-12
Jr. High Camp Ages 13-14
CIT Ages 14-17
DAY CAMP SCHEDULE & THEMES AT A GLANCE
Week1: June10-14 Adventureland: Parent Schedule
Week2: June17-21 Midsummer Celebrations Parent Schedule
Week 3: June 24-28 Montecito’s Wonder Emporium Parent Schedule
Week 4: July 1 – 5* Red, White, and Blue Parent Schedule
Week 5: July 8 – 12 Spirit Week Parent Schedule
Week 6: July 15 – 19 Myths and Legends Parent Schedule
Week 7: July 22 – 26 Ohana Parent Schedule
Week 8: July 29 – Aug 2 Vive la Fiesta en Santa Barbara
Week 9: Aug 5 – 9 Where the Wild Things Are
Week 10: Aug 12 – 16 Superheroes
*This week is pro-rated due to July 4 holiday.
Sports Camps are offered to campers in Grades K-6. For complete descriptions of activities for each week’s sports theme please view our Summer Camp Guide.
Week1: June10-14 Basketball
Week 2: June17-21 Flag Football
Week 3: June 24-28 Tennis
Week 4: July 1 – 5* Sports at the Beach
Week 5: July 8 – 12 Y Games
Week 6: July 15 – 19 Basketball
Week 7: July 22 – 26 Soccer
Week 8: July 29 – Aug 2 Sports of all Sorts
Week 9: Aug 5 – 9 Flag Football
Week 10: Aug 12 – 16 ——-
*This week is pro-rated due to July 4 holiday.
Preschool Camp: Ages 2.5 – 5 years
Are you looking for a great preschool for the summertime? The Montecito Family YMCA Preschool is the place for you. During the Summer Program the children participate in a rich program of summer activities including Sea life, Dinosaurs, the Wild West, Fairy Tales, Camping and other fun themes. We offer swim lessons and water experience with the teachers, and we travel on three field trips to Santa Barbara’s great parks. The Montecito Family YMCA Preschool is recognized as an Outdoor Classroom Project Site which focuses on the quantity, quality and bene t of the child’s outdoor experiences. We are dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn, grow and thrive.
View our Summer Camp Guide for a complete listing of our Summer Camp offerings and programs!
American Camp Association Certified
Camp is more than a place, it is an experience that gives kids a world of good.
The American Camp Association is a community of camp professionals dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults through the camp experience.
ACA’s nationally recognized standards program focuses primarily on the health, safety, and risk management aspects of a camp’s operation