Tone Up Your ABC's!
Join us for our upcoming session starting late October!
Session Dates: October 29 – November 19
Open to ages 18+
Meets on Mondays 10:30am-11:30am with instructor Kymberly Williams-Evans
For more information, please contact Juan Ramos at Juan.Ramos@ciymca.org
ABC! Abs, Balance and Coordination at the YMCA
If you want to improve your core strength, enhance your dynamic and static balance, and challenge your cognitive skills, this cutting-edge workout is for you. Perform exercises that offer at least two benefits for every move so that you can continue doing what you love in life. Activate your abs; minimize neck action and forward spinal flexion; try exercises you may never have seen or done before. Practice the ultimate and most important balancing act so you don’t grow old before your time. Rooted in functional movement, the ABC program is designed for baby boomers and active older adults, though all ages can benefit.
• Allow exercisers to continue doing what they love in life by being fit enough to handle chosen activities
• Increase core strength
• Enhance dynamic and static balance
• Challenge cognitive skills via exercises proven to be effective
• Improve memory through exercise selection that stimulates the hippocampus and executive function
• Move from the inside-out instead of the outside-in in order to prevent injury and increase function
• Perform moves that allow the participant to comfortably and energetically function
Student Learning Outcomes:
Participants will increase their ability to move functionally and improve their balance and alignment while performing movements that stimulate their brain and body.