Visit Our Welcome Center!
Online registration is unavailable for this program. Please visit our Welcome Center for more information and registration.
Preschool Care Schedule and Ages
PRESCHOOL: AGES 2 – 5 YEARS
Monday – Friday; 7:30am – 6:00pm
Fees: $960/month (includes family facility membership)
For any questions or to schedule a tour, please contact our Preschool Director Channing Hogue. You can also stop by our Welcome Center for more information or give us a call at 805.687.7727 ext. 256
Preschool at the Santa Barbara Family Y
Our preschool provides a developmentally appropriate environment emphasizing social, spiritual and emotional growth. Children learn to care about each other and themselves and build respect for self and the world around them.
Licensed by the State of California and maintaining a 1:12 teacher-child ratio, we provide a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn, grow and thrive. We concentrate on the value of play and self-expression through drama, science, art, music, outdoor time and literature. Full-time enrollment comes with a facility membership for your entire family!
The curriculum focuses on:
1. Each child follows a specific sequence of development that includes a child’s emotional, social, cognitive, physical and creative development.
2. Each child is capable of making meaningful decisions regarding his/her development. By empowering children to be responsible for their own learning we help them build independence, competence and self-confidence.
3. Each child deserves the right to be respected as a valuable individual. By encouraging children to be themselves, positive self-esteem is fostered. We feel that when children know they are trusted and permitted to trust, they learn security in themselves and in others.
4. Children learn by modeling the behaviors of adults around them. Through imitation and role modelingthe child learns to understand positive adult roles.
5. Children learn by actively manipulating their environment. By maintaining a creative emergent curriculum; we concentrate on the value of play and self-expression.
6. Through play, the whole child learns to understand the world, relate to others and develop concepts.