See You Next Year!
Stay tuned for 2020 summer camp registrations, opening in March!
Become a Camp Counselor
We’re looking for bright and enthusiastic individuals to be YMCA Summer Camp Counselors. Counselors will supervise and conduct activities, engage kids with fun learning opportunities, and help campers explore and get the most out of their summer.
General Camp Information
Summer Camp Registration for 2020 will open in March
Extended Care is available for an additional fee of $50 per week from 7:30 to 8:30am and 5:15 to 6pm (except Kinder Day Camp).
5 reasons to send your kids to our Y this Summer:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind. Camps also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills as well as develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
Summer Camp Registration Now Open
At Y Camp, the possibilities are endless! Y Summer Day Camps provide children and teens with supervised activities that cultivate values, develop skills, nurture relationships and actively explore children’s imagination. Our wide variety of programs provides something for everyone!
Kinder Day Camp: Entering Kindergarten
Kinder Camp is the perfect place for children ready to make new friends, learn new things, have fun and be safe. Throughout the summer on Fridays, Kinders will be at the YMCA for swim lessons and other age-appropriate activities that will be offered to keep your child’s body active and their minds stimulated throughout the summer.
Pioneer Day Camp: Entering Grades 1 – 3
School-age children enrolled in our traditional Summer Day Camp will not want the summer to end! There will be plenty of time to make new friends, sing, play, explore, learn, and laugh. Each week campers will have a major field trip as well as enjoy a beach day or have a chance to swim in our indoor pool.
Explorer Day Camp: Entering Grades 4 – 6
At Explorer Camp, campers will get to swim in our indoor pool and participate in enriching activities at the Y where they will discover opportunities to cultivate new friendships and explore areas they never thought possible. Each week, kids will have a major field trip, a beach day, and a trip to a local Santa Barbara attraction.
Jr. High Camp: Entering Grades 7 – 9
In Jr. High Camp, campers will have the time of their lives as they venture each week to different field trips, beaches, and local attractions. Campers will make new friends, create experiences and have a blast all at the same time!
Lace up those sneakers, put on your shorts, it’s time to have a ball with an assortment of sports. We’ve got the FUN-damentals of your favorite sports covered in this safe and fun environment. Each week we will be featuring a different sport including basketball, soccer, football, soccer, and much more!
Our specialty camps provide kids with the opportunity to explore fascinating subjects from arts and sciences to life skills and more with the help of our highly trained staff. Each week of our specialty camp we will be diving into an exciting theme such as Mad Science, Chefs Around the World, LEGO Jedi Master Engineering, and much more! Browse our Summer Camp Guide to view endless possibilities for your Summer Adventure.
American Camp Association Certified
Camp is more than a place, it is an experience that gives kids a world of good.
The American Camp Association is a community of camp professionals dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults through the camp experience.
ACA’s nationally recognized standards program focuses primarily on the health, safety, and risk management aspects of a camp’s operation