Why exercise in a group class?
• The relationships you’ll develop in a group exercise class will hold you accountable and motivate you to attend, even on those days you just don’t feel like it!
• While individual workouts have their own rewards, a group exercise class has an instructor who provides instruction, feedback and at times, entertainment.
• Group exercise classes make it more fun to work out every day, allowing you to build your favorite classes right into your schedule.
• The Y has a large variety of classes to choose from, so your workouts will never be boring!
• Group exercise classes at the Y are filled to the brim with folks from all walks of life and fitness levels with one common goal – to be well!
Proper Group Ex Etiquette
- Be on time to ensure your space in class & prevent injury.
- Limit talking, it’s impolite & distracting to the class and instructor.
- If you have a special medical consideration, consult your doctor prior to exercise.
- Wait for classroom to clear before entering.
- Wear good aerobic shoes (no black soles).
- Participants must be 12 years or older.
- Please silence cell phones, no texting and no headphones.