- Sessions run 12 weeks throughout the year
- Classes meet twice a week
- A FREE small group program
- Participants and their families will receive a FREE 12-week membership
Next LIVESTRONG session begins February 20 – May 10! Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:30 – 2:00pm
Make a Donation
Through generous donor contributions and grants LIVESTRONG at the Stuart C. Gildred YMCA is offered at no charge to participants. Your tax deductible contribution will help us continue to serve cancer survivors throughout our community and support our other life-changing programs.
All gifts are greatly appreciated. Give here.
Growing Stronger Together
LIVESTRONG at the Stuart C. Gildred is a research-based program offers people affected by cancer a safe, supportive environment to participate in physical and social activities focused on strengthening the whole person. Y staff, trained in supportive cancer care, work with participants to achieve goals such as building muscle mass and strength, increasing flexibility and endurance, and improving confidence and self-esteem.
In addition to physical benefits, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA focuses on the emotional well-being of survivors and their families by providing a supportive community where people impacted by cancer can connect during treatment and beyond. By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA helps people move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body with these goals:
- Increase strength, cardiovascular endurance and flexibility
- Improve energy levels, which will enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks
- Reduce the severity of therapy side effects
- Develop an ongoing physical fitness program, not only as part of recovery, but as a way of life