See You Next Year!
Summer camp registrations are now closed. Please check back in March 2019 for next year's summer camp information
General Camp Information
Location: Stuart C. Gildred Family YMCA
How To Register For Camp
Parents can register online or in-person at the Welcome Center. Camp registration opens March 1.
Everyone Is Welcome!
Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Applications are available at the front desk. The deadline to apply is May 1.
For more information about Summer Camp at the Y please contact Scott Arellano at firstname.lastname@example.org
5 reasons to send your kids to our Y this Summer:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind. Camps also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills as well as develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share
Summer of Adventures
At Y Camp, the possibilities are endless! Y Summer Day Camps provide children and teens with supervised activities that cultivate values, develop skills, nurture relationships and actively explore children’s imagination. Our wide variety of programs provides something for everyone!
Lil’ Troopers: Pre-K – K
Designed as an entry-level camp for our youngest members. Campers will join in weekly themed activities in creative, fun and hands-on ways to develop necessary skills for school readiness. Activities will include music and songs, arts and crafts, swimming lessons, outdoor exploration, character development and story time. Please note campers must be potty trained.
Adventure Camp: Grades 1 – 4
This camp is for campers ready to take on days full of games, gym activities, weekly field trips, art and swimming at the high school and YMCA pools, all based around a weekly theme.
Explorer Camp: Grades 5 – 8
Designed for the energetic camper, this fast-paced camp is built around the interests of the campers and includes multiple off-site excursions to gain new experiences and allow for creativity and personal expression.
Tennis Camp, June 25 – 29
Perfect for players of all experience levels, Tennis Camp teaches skills and rules of the game through drills and gameplay. Players will face exciting challenges that help them become more self-aware and self-con dent in their daily lives.
Basketball Camp, July 9 – 13
We cover basketball fundamentals including ball handling, passing and shooting, along with gaining skills in teamwork and discipline. All campers play individually and on teams, molding kids into better people both on and off the court.
Football Camp, July 16 – 20
Elevate your game at Football Camp. Come run routes, learn the fundamentals on both sides of the ball and get t doing it. Campers will get conditioning, scrimmages and skill development for all positions. We will practice and play ONLY non-contact football.
Surf Camp, July 23 – 27
Hang ten, dudes! This camp teaches basic to advanced surfing at several locations. Campers will learn water safety, balancing on a board, duck diving, paddling and wave riding. Campers must be able to comfortably swim 50 yards and swim with ocean tides, waves and undertow. Soft-top surfboards will be available.
View our Summer Camp Guide for a complete listing of fees, field trips, camp offerings, and programs.