P2P - Y Style
Creating an online fundraising/peer to peer (P2P) fundraising page is an easy and effective way to raise money for any and all branches of the Y. Here are some of the most popular types of P2P fundraising. Find the one that works for you!
- Annual Campaign – Each year, the Y volunteers, staff and board members raise funds during October and November to support our four programs. Youth and Family Services YMCA relies on donations, grants and sponsorships. Donations to Annual Campaign are dedicated to improving the lives of youth in Santa Barbara. Create your own fundraising page to raise funds and support your Youth and Family Services program!
- Give in Honor or Memory of a Loved One – Create a fundraising page to honor someone’s birthday, anniversary or special occasion. You can also create a fundraising page to raise funds in memory of a loved one.
Sign Up To Fundraise For The Y!
Create Your Fundraising Page Today!
What is Peer to Peer Fundraising?
- Peer to Peer (P2P) fundraising is a way to raise money by creating your own personal donation webpage and having the donations go directly to the YMCA. You engage your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors to donate. You can also share your fundraising efforts on social media. All the donations come to the Y and all donors receive a tax donation.
Why start a Peer to Peer fundraising page?
- Peer to Peer fundraising pages are a great way to involve your network in a cause you believe in. Perhaps you are a preschool parent, swim team mom or dad who coaches – and you want to raise funds for the YMCA branch that you love! Starting a fundraising page is an easy and effective way to raise funds to support your favorite Y programs.
How does it work?
- You can reach out to people you know and ask them to support the Y through a donation on your fundraising page. Through the creation of a fundraising webpage, you can upload your Y story and photos. Then, you can send a message to your network that includes a link to a fundraising page and ask for donations. You are able to see donations that are made to your page, post updates to your supporters, and even create a team and recruit additional team members to join you. With your fundraising page, you are expanding the reach of the Y beyond our usual audience!